Friday, August 9, 2013

How to stop giving gifts to friends?

birthday gift ideas adults
 on ...
birthday gift ideas adults image



LoveLife


I have three close friends that I give birthday gifts to. I got married in 2006. They don't give gifts to my husband just me. I feel like they don't put effort into the gifts anymore and I put thought and money into them. How can I stop giving birthday gifts. We are hoping we will have a baby soon and would like to only give gifts to kids no adults anymore. How do you do it nicely?


Answer
I would talk to your friends about this. Just tell them that now that your family is getting bigger and that you and your husband are planning to start a family soon, you would prefer not to do "gifts" for friends b-days anymore. See how they feel about it. If they aren't putting much effort into the gifts anymore, they may agree. If they are totally against giving up this tradition, then you will need to decide how much this means to you and your friendships.

You could suggest that instead of gifts, that you just do dinner for each of your birthdays. I think it is very nice to take a friend out to dinner for their birthday rather than giving a gift. (This is what my friends do!)

I would not suggest that you would like to just give gifts to the kids unless your friends have kids as well. I know many single people miss out on getting gifts that others get (wedding gifts, kids gifts, shower gifts, etc) and they may feel that it is not fair that they still need to get a gift for your kid but you never need to get your single friend a gift anymore.

Another idea. If your friends atill want to give gifts for birthdays, I would just keep your gift giving simple and inexpensive. I usually keep track of what my friends have gotten me for my birthday to help me gauge how much to spend on them.

Good luck with this. I would bring it up casually and be open to suggestions from your friends as well!

Can you plan a surprise birthday party for someones 38th?




penz~lover


Would it be okay to plan a surprise birthday party for someone who's turning 38?

Or do you wait to plan a big $0th birthday party?



Answer
Maybe you should do something smaller for the 38th like an intimate surprise dinner at their favorite restaurant with 4 or 5 friends. Or you could do go to his/her house early in the morning with breakfast and a great gift in hand. For some impressive gift ideas for adults check out this page http://www.giftgrease.com/birthday-gift-ideas.html You should wait to have the big surprise party for the 40th B-day. Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment