Friday, February 7, 2014

Should I give cash for my kid cousins for Christmas?




Damien


Is giving money to kids (ages 5 - 19) a good idea? I don't want to teach them to be greedy, but I still remember what it was like to be in college with no job. Now I'm still in college, but with a part-time job, so now the world has changed for me.


Answer
I think giving cash to your kid cousins is a pretty good idea. Possibly other relatives will inundate them with "stuff", and cash could be a welcome relief.

To make the gift less "greedy", you might include some tiny thing along with the cash: a Christmas poem, an appropriate, friendly Bible verse, a Christmas cookie or candy cane. Also, put the cash into a nice card. If you want, you can include in the card a short, personal note to each kid.

You might also consider how much you will give each kid--or will you give each person the same amount? I wouldn't give $50 to a five-year-old, and $5 may seem too little for a 19-year-old. You could give to each one the amount equal or near-equal to their age ($5 to the five-year-old, $19 or $20 to the 19-year-old), or give $10-$15 to each person.

I'm glad you're motivated by compassion: "I still remember what it was like to be in college with no job." It's good to give to those who have less than you do. For example, I'm fairly poor, and my brother's girlfriend has given me cash gifts for Christmas or my birthday (Dec 21) for a few years now. I appreciate it!

Merry Christmas to you and yours. He is born!

Calling all girls...where can I get some nice jeans?




eric


My girlfriend's birthday is coming up soon and I know she's been upset about not having a good pair of skinny jeans this year and I want to help. She's really short for her age,(not 5 feet yet) and she always complains about how her thighs look in jeans, even though I think they're fine. (she weighs 110 lbs) I don't have her measurements but her body shape isn't common so I'll know if something fits when I see it. Also, her favorite stores are: Topshop, Urban Outfitters, H&M, Hollister, Pacsun, and Forever 21. Where can I get some good skinny jeans for her that will fit fun-size people and has lots of stretch room, preferably from the shops listed above. (that way, it'll be easier to pick for her and get something else to) Please help, please don't give me other gift ideas for her because I already have the others planned out. I just need help on the main gift... THESE JEANS
Um Thanks in advance and please help me D:



Answer
Pac sun has really good skinny jeans! I have some and I love them! I would not suggest getting them from forever 21, they are not the best quality. Urban Outfitters is good but can be a little expensive. American Eagle and Express also have really nice jeans, good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment